A new gTLD Consultant
2012 up to now: Jovenet Consulting (France), Consultant.
Experience developing new gTLD offers for Jovenet Consulting:
- New gTLDs application SWOT analysis: this offer provides the analysis of a new gTLD project - prior to investing in its ICANN application - focusing on the pointing out of the minuses of competing applications (non technical). This analysis is a must have for:
- Applicants wondering if they should submit an application for their Trademark;
- Applicants with a possible string in competition;
- A candidate (brand or other non-applicant) who could object to the application;
- For generic Top-Level Domains dedicated to selling domains:
- Promotion solutions for new gTLD applicants: this offer allows new gTLD applicants to promote their domain name extension, in a way that future registrants (users) are informed and ready to buy, before and after the registry has launched.
- Promotion solutions for new gTLD service providers: this offer allows service providers to promote themselves, in a way that future applicants are informed about their existence.
- For Trademarks, "ICANN new gTLD program monitoring":
- This offer allows brand owners to monitor competitors during the ICANN validation process and behave accordingly;
- This offer also allows non-applicants to monitor possible future infringements to their brands.
- A local contact based in France.
- New gTLD related information for Law Firms, IP Departments, Journalists, Webmasters and domain name specialists: Jovenet Consulting offers the largest information network about new gTLDs on several Platforms:
- gTLD.club and its Newsletter;
- LinkedIn (The "New generic Top-Level Domains (new gTLDs)" group).
- An author: Jean Guillon writes about new gTLDs on several publication platforms such as CircleId (503.507+ views), JournalDuNet (in French), Les Echos, etc...
Since 2008: ICANN Working Groups.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has lots of working groups dedicated to preparing the next round of the ICANN new gTLD program:
- Generic Top-Level Domains (AT-LARGE);
- EPDP (GNSO).
A new gTLD Applicant
2009 - 2011: Project DotVinum (France), Founding member.
Experience developing the dotVinum project:
- Search for a financial partner;
- Study of new gTLD back-end registry providers' offers;
- Answers of the non technical 50 questions of the applicant guidebook;
- Business plan;
- Rules to apply for a .wine - .vino and .vin domain names;
- Communication plan;
- Sunrise & Landrush periods.
2011 - 2012: Famous Four Media (Gibraltar), Consultant.
Experience working for FAMOUS FOUR MEDIA, a global provider of services to the gTLD industry, from September 2011 up to February 2012:
- Team leader/Consultant;
- Collecting data for new gTLD string analysis;
- In charge of collecting answers to question 18 for seven new gTLDs from a team of applicants;
- Providing figures for the .wine new gTLD;
- Applications concerned: .bid - .accountant - .date - .download - .faith - .loan - .trade - .men - .win - .webcam - .science - .review - .party - .cricket - .racing - .stream - .charity - .hotel - .music - .rugby - .sport
A Corporate Registrar
2008 - 2011: INDOM (France), acquired by Group NBT - NetNames (UK).
Experience working for INDOM, the French Corporate Registrar, from July 2008 up to August 2011:
- Personalised Top Level Domain development for Brands and Corporations;
- Active 3 years promotion of the INDOM new gTLD's offer;
- Registries feasibility studies;
- Domain name portfolio consulting;
- Administrative and Technical domain name management;
- Top-Level Domains chronicles in Domainesinfo.fr;
- Applications concerned: .paris - .hermes - .translations - .canalplus and more.
A Registrar Comparison Tool
2008: Cuzco (Luxembourg), Int. Business Development Manager.
Cuzco.lu & Ofindo.com
Experience working for OFINDO, the only domain name provider search engine, from April 2008 to June 2008:
- Participation to the development of the Ofindo search engine;
- Cuzco future products and actual developments;
- Project Management.
A Retail Registrar
2008 : Gandi SAS (France), Corporate Manager.
Experience working for Gandi SAS, a French retail Registrar, from January 2008 to April 2008:
- Creation of the Gandi Corporate project;
- "Price, Product, Promotion, Place";
- Project management.
A Domain name Consultant
2007: RegisTrust (France), Domain name portfolio Management.
Experience launching and selling RegisTrust, from July 2007 to January 2008:
- Independent domain name consulting with a “cost killing” approach;
- Choice of a the right Registrar taking budget into account;
- Providing problem-solving solutions for the day-to-day management of the domain name portfolio;
- Company, domains & brand were successfully sold.
A Retail and Corporate Registrar
2006 - 2007: CSC Corporate Domains (UK), Professional Services.
Register.com / www.csccorporatedomains.com
Experience working for CSC Corporate Domains, a corporate Registrar, from 2006 to 15 of July 2007:
- Domain name consultant on domain name portfolio management;
- Online Brand protection consultancy;
- Client services partner.
2005 - 2006: EURid (Belgium), Support Officer.
EURid is established in Belgium, and has been selected by the European Commission to operate the new .EU Top-Level Domain on Internet.
Experience working for EURid, the Registry for .EU Top Level Domains:
- Support Officer at EURid;
- In charge of validating Accredited Registrars’ agreement;
- In charge of processing Registrars’ payments;
- Customer support during Sunrise periods, Landrush 1 and Landrush 2;
- Solving issues on multiple accredited Networks.
A Registrant (Corporate)
2004: Purchase and Communication department at Airbus.
- Mission 1 on deployment of the internal E-sourcing tool in the purchasing department;
- Mission 2 on the domain name’s portfolio strategy and future online advertising prior to launching of A380.
Experience as a Registrant working for AIRBUS SAS within the communication department:
- In charge of Airbus’ domain name strategy in 2004;
- Wrote the domain name registration policy;
- Worked on domain name portfolio cost reduction;
- Master degree Thesis: “Monetizing the domain name portfolio”.